cles? ?(19)Today. 182 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Starry Sunrise? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.
0 (1 Rating)??0 Grabs Today. 543 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" f CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring brings new life

So I am making a blog entry. It's been a long time. I got burnt out, and usually had nothing exciting to report. Well I do have something to report... and it is not that I am pregnant!

I have gotten a new job! I start one week from today. I am excited, but also scared. I have a hard time with change, so this new job makes me nervous. I think the whole process for this job started less than a month ago. It has moved very quickly!

I actually found the job on craigslist.com, if you can believe that! I sent in my resume and cover letter and was contacted shortly to answer some questions. I did that and then was contacted to come in for an interview the next week. I ended up going in for 2 interviews for the position in the same week! At that point they let me know they were going to write up a offer. The next week I had to provide references and answer a few more questions and then the offer came at the end of the week. So I confirmed with Zach I was going for the job, and then had to let my current boss know that I would be leaving in 2 weeks! I am now in week 2!

One of my references told me one of the advisers asked about my dependability and promptness. Ekk! If you know me, being late is one of my biggest weaknesses. She smartly answered that they never had to worry if I would show up and that at times they had to tell me to go home when I was sick. She skirted around that question. So that will be one of my biggest challenges! But I know I can do a good job at it...most of the time!! :) I just have to try hard. I will also be a lot busier. I am excited for this, but hope I don't get too stressed. I am hoping it is just enough activity.

I realized I didn't say what I am doing! I will be an assistant for 3 financial advisers, franchised under Ameriprise Financial. Two advisers are in one office, and the other is in another office just down the road. So I will be with two of the advisers 3 days a week and with the other advisor 2 days a week. I will for sure be doing administrative assistant stuff a lot at first. But they have a vision that in a few years or so that I can move up and they will hire someone under me. I could learn to be an advisor, or a office manager/handle working with their clients. My favorite idea would be the manager and working a lot with the clients...not involving financial advice! ;) So we will see how it all works out! I feel really good about the opportunity and want to give it a try!

I will be working about 20-25 minutes away from home. Well not sure with the morning traffic, but that is my best guess for now. Which brings up the next subject...buying a car! Yay! I am really excited for this!! We will not have my car by the time I start, but hopefully very soon after! I have my eye on a used Jetta or Maxima. I have been looking online quite a bit and tomorrow we are meeting with some friends and the husband knows a lot about used cars. So he is hopefully steer us in the right direction.
Well that is all for now. I will update next week to tell how the new job is going! This week I am going to get things ready to leave, enjoy lunch with some of my work friends, and enjoy my free time.

Happy Spring Everyone! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I know you'll be great at the new job.

Nicolle said...

Hi Haley! F told me you updated your blog, so I came by to check it out. Good luck on the new job. It sounds great!